September 28, 2009

Ondoy Aftermath

Thinking it was just another typhoon, I did not even bother to look outside to see the flood everyone's going crazy about. Seriously, I thought it was just an ordinary rain. Ondoy turned out to be the local version of Hurricane Katrina.

I had not realized its depth until I stepped outside to celebrate Ondoy's withdrawal. Our location, which is supposedly one of the 'most unaffected area', morphed to a swamp city. Suddenly I was concerned as to what happened to the rest of Metro Manila (Cristine Reyes, good to hear you are safe now.) A number of rescue operations are still being held on several locations. Also, a salute to the generous citizens of the Philippines for providing a much needed helping hand during a crisis such as this. I am sure your donations are greatly appreciated by our fellowmen. Want to help? Click here



More Images and info @ Yahoo! News

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails