August 18, 2009

Free at Last

Sorry guys, not too many posts this month. I've been selectively busy (or conveniently preoccupied). In no particluar order, here is a list of what I have been doing this month of August:


1. Free time, which includes unwanted absences (college), is spent mostly with my younger brother who has been away for more than 4years. Having experienced prison life for almost half a decade, we shared stories from different perspectives. We talked about a lot of things from life in prison to new buildings within the metro to inmates' scabies to computer games to everything under the sun including its cancerous UV rays. We talked a WHOLE LOT. We slept a bit late (around 4-5am). As a result, I had to skip my morning classes. (FYI: my brother's NOT GUILTY)


Manila City Hall

2. Bubu got hospitalized. Now, this incident took only a fraction of my time but a nasty bite on my wallet. I had to pay Php5,000 for a confinement that took less than 24 hours. My reformed brother almost killed the dog when he dropped it, head first on the asphalt ground. I was so mad I would have sent him back behind bars. Of course he apologized to the little fella'.


Bubu

3. Beer and more beer. Excessive alcohol drinking is a thing of the past. I choose to drink every weekend at most, none at best. No explanations but I've been drinking often this month. Thank you relatives and neighbors, for breaking my oath. All the beer drinkers around the world should try San Miguel Beer at least once.


Toast to my 11th bottle.

4. Last but not the least, my brother and his girlfriend are expecting their first baby. I will soon have my second niece. Wait, didn't I just say my brother spent years in jail? Exactly! Were they in a relationship before he got in? No, they hardly knew each other. That is what's so special about it! By the way, she was in jail only for a visit. It was the day they met. Moving forward, this couple really does not make me any busier but nothing beats the buzz of a newly engaged couple!


The free and a baby

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails